Happy Star Wars Day! May the fourth be with you! To celebrate, enjoy this silly explanation of the day by Tim Russ, Tuvok from Star Trek Voyager. His antics and misinformation are ridiculously hilarious.
#StarWarsDay #MayTheFourth #MayTheFourthBeWithYou
Why do you go to Church/Synagogue/Mosque/Temple etc.? Be honest. This is for internal dialogue. I don’t expect or need any response at all. This is all for you. Think about it for a little bit. Why? Why do you devote an hour or two at least once a week, or even every morning to being present in a building dedicated for religious purpose? What do you gain from this action, this loss of time?
No, don’t just say “because I believe in…” and dismiss yourself from scrutiny. That is a cop out. Let’s think about it logically and reasonably.
- Do you look around to see who else is there when you arrive, and sit near people you know and enjoy?
- Do you give proper respect and go straight to your place to pray and to meditate?
- Do you glance around during services, paying more attention to anything other than what is going on spiritually?
- Do you focus on what is going on, respond, participate and make yourself part of what’s going on?
- Do you rush out before services are complete because you have more important things to do?
- Do you remain after the conclusion of services to say a few private prayers or devotions?
- Do you stand around in the sanctuary socializing as soon as services conclude while others pray?
- Do you leave after services and socialize outside, giving proper respect to the sanctuary?
- Do you understand or even care to understand what is actually taking place up front?
- Do you study, learn and investigate the meaning behind the service and strive to understand what is being done?
These are a few small points for consideration. This isn’t an exhaustive list by any means. It is only meant to get you thinking. Now then, I ask you again, Why do you go? Is it because that’s just what you have always done? That’s how you were raised? That is just what is done? You don’t want others to notice that you aren’t there? Or is it for a deeper and more profound reason? Be honest with yourself. If you can’t have an internal dialogue without falsehood, that is a sad thing indeed. Remember – I don’t want or need your answer. You do. If you want to comment, feel free. But that isn’t the purpose of this post.
I am with taking tea, the way nasty little hobbitses are with food… I want morning tea, but also second morning tea… and for high tea, a second high tea is of course, required. I just want tea, tea, tea… A few biscuits/Jammie Dodgers helps, but Earl Grey all the way.